Enormous Economic Benefits of Open Space Investments.
You'll find hundreds of reports by Googling "economic benefits of open space,"
"health benefits of parks," and search terms like that. Here are just a few:
- A Legacy of Green: Celebrating 50 Years of the Green Acres Program (NJ Keep It Green)
- Study Shows Economic Value of Open Space Bond Measure Would Far Exceed Costs (NJ Keep It Green)
- Benefits, Needs and Accomplishments; All-in-one summary here.
- Benefits, Needs and Accomplishments
- The Economic Benefits of Land Conservation (Trust for Public Land, and link to bibliography)
- Valuing New Jersey's Natural Capital - An Assessment of the Economic Value of the State's Natural Resources (NJDEP)
- Open Space is a Good Investment - The Financial Argument for Open Space Preservation (ANJEC)
- Tracking NJ's Dynamic Landscape: Urban Growth and Open Space Loss (Hasse & Lathrop)
- Community Benefits of Open Space (Trust for Public Land)
- Economic Benefits of Conserved Rivers - An Annotated Bibliography (National Park Service)
- Economic Benefits of Open Space (WGA Open Lands Initiative)
- The Benefits of Parks: Nine Reports (Health, Economy, Community, more)
- Green Spaces Improve Health -- newly published study
- Economic Benefits of Open Space Preservation - March 2010 report - Office of NY State Comptroller
A few of the many useful websites: